maanantai 1. helmikuuta 2016

Woke up like this


 Good morning good folks!


My usual go-to breakfast: something what I call dessert oats and a cup of coffee
I was thinking about what should be the first post on my food blog. I mean, I love food. I love love food. There's actually only a few times a day I'm not thinking about food.  So I could have written about anything. But let's start with first things first - breakfast

When I was a child I hated oatmeal. I thought it was the worst. Gooey, tasteless crap that didn't go down without a few (or many) tears.

After I realized that oatmeal is a great way to start the day and a good source for complex carbs, as a food lover, I had to do it my way.




 Carrot Cake Oatmeal Recipe (For two)

- 60 g steel cut oats
- 2 medium size carrots
- cinnamon
- cardamom
- 1 tsp salt or to taste (I like the salty-sweet vibe so i use alot)
- stevia to taste
-60 g whey protein (vanilla and cookies & cream flavour are my favourites)

Topping:
- Quinoa puffs
- Cashew or any other nuts
- Lightest cream cheese softened, or low fat cottage cheese (Tip: you can make cottage cheese to a copycat cream cheese by putting it in the blender)

Instructions:
1. Cook the oatmeal in water like usual
2. Grind the carrots with the smallest grinder size
3. Toss in the carrot and spices with the oatmeal and cook for a few more minutes.
4. Chop nuts and dry roast them on a pan until golden. You can salt them a little bit and even add stevia sugar to caramelize them if you want to be fancy.
5. In a small bowl, mix whey protein with just enough almond milk or regular milk that the texture is starting to resemble a pudding. I usually use protein pudding mixes. Mix in together with the oatmeal.
6. Assemble your dessert oatmeal by pouring to oatmeal in a bowl, and top with toasted nuts, quinoa puffs, and a couple of spoons of cream cheese.

Enjoy!


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti